Without change, there is stagnation and decline, and yet change is often uncomfortable and inconvenient. At Acacia Creek, a Masterpiece Living Certified Center for Successful Aging, and retirement community, we believe that accepting change is an important part of all wellness categories – intellectual, social, physical, and purposeful.
Contemplate on the following principles to assist you on your journey to change. It will also allow you to support others in embracing their path to change.
- Each person’s life story is created.
- Understanding begins with examination of which storylines work and which do not.
- Knowing what not to do is at least as important as knowing what to do.
- When people create their own answers, they have signed on to invest in the outcome.
- Identify four things: What to change, accept, let go, and enhance.
- We don’t see things as they are; we see things as we are (see #1).
- Change is constant and inevitable; resistance to change is what generates most problems.
- Small changes lead to big changes.
- A collaboration keeps both individuals on the same side, looking at the same scene together.
- The benefit of doing more of what is working and less of what isn’t working will become evident and self-perpetuating.
Successful Aging Coach
Acacia Creek Retirement Community inspires residents to live an active, meaningful life. Our mission as a senior community is to enrich the independence, well-being, and security of our residents through exceptional services and care based on Masonic values.
To learn more about Acacia Creek or our senior housing opportunities, visit us at www.acaciacreek.org.